As promised, I’m going to be doing some shorter races over the next year as Alan and I plan our wedding. Today was the first one and we chose the Freedom Run at the Ranch (Ladera Ranch) 10K. It was a small race, especially for the 10K field, and we had a blast. We got there around 6:20am, wandered our way through the really cute neighborhood and found the start/finish and registration table. A quick walk back to the car and back to the race put us there just in time. I had been warned that it was two loops and that there was a long hill so we took it easy. I loved that most of the race was shaded and that the 10K started early (7am) as it turned out to be a warm day. The second loop I pushed Alan a little bit up the hill because I wanted to pass some women and then we really picked up the pace for the last 0.8 to pass more people and finish in 52:xx. We crossed the finish line holding hands; what more could a girl want?!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Journey to motherhood: miscarriage and infertility September 25, 2017
- Running through pregnancy September 16, 2017
- Hiking Violet Crown Trail January 29, 2017
- Dirt Trails & Pony Tails 8K Race Report November 14, 2016
- Tejas Trails Paleface 5K Race Report November 2, 2016